Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) Peer Consultation Group
Here is the agenda for the next ACT Peer Consultation Group
Friday, October 18, 2013
If you have not previously attended this group but are a mental health or healthcare professional and would like to participate, please contact me first.
*Revised with extra seasonal flavor*
- Welcome to new members and mysterious special guests, introductions.
- Brief Mindfulness Exercise: Need a volunteer to lead us into the terrifying realm of the present moment, the twilight zone, if you will. Step right up! Email me directly if you want to lead this.
- Topic 1: Recent ACT trainings. Check-in with anyone who attended one of the recent ACT trainings and returned with a vacant look in their eyes…never to be the same [insert creepy tunes here] (e.g., Kelly Wilson @ Cape Cod or Steve Hayes @ Boston).
- Topic 2: Acceptance. Bring your experiences, best practices, creative approaches and, in the spirit of practicing acceptance and of the season, your questions, difficulties, and HORROR stories. (We may want to continue this discussion beyond the October meeting.)
- Set agenda for November, December. Assuming we all survive the October meeting, where should we go next?