Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) Study Groups
Led by Joel Guarna, PhD
1st Mondays ACT Study Group
Next meeting will be December 2, 2013 @ 8 am.
- We have an assortment of “catch-up” topics to discuss, at least briefly. These include: (a) Joni sharing her experiences with yoga teacher training and similarities to ACT she has observed in this experience, (b) brief discussion of compassion-focused therapy and its relationship to ACT, (c) some study group members’ experiences at the recent event with Thich Nhat Hanh in Boston, and (d) brief discussion about the recent workshop by David Barlow on the Unified Protocol and similarities vs. differences in this approach compared to ACT. Did I miss anything? Geez, I hope not!
- Since we did not get to chapters 1 & 2 last month, we will start our discussion of Brief Interventions for Radical Change by Strosahl et al. this month. Please plan to read through chapter 4 by December 2.
1st Wednesdays ACT Study Group is currently *on hold* and in re-grouping mode until we have sufficient numbers to resume. Let me know if you are interested in “seeding” this group (the Monday group is full and has a waiting list).
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) Peer Consultation Group
Here is the agenda for the next ACT Peer Consultation Group
Friday, November 15, 2013
If you have not previously attended this group but are a mental health or healthcare professional and would like to participate, please contact me first.
Our next monthly ACT Peer Consult Group will be Friday, 11/15 @ 8 am. Agenda:
- Welcome to new members, introductions.
- Brief Mindfulness Exercise. We need a volunteer. Step right up! Email me directly if you want to lead this.
- Continued threads…. Check-in with folks who attended the full meeting in October. Were there topics that we agreed to revisit? (Sorry, I had to leave early.) Please feel free to send us all a message if there was an outstanding topic to revisit.
- Clinical case reviews. If another agenda does not present itself, let’s plan to review a few clinical cases. Plan to bring a case to discuss and we will get to at least a couple of them.
- Planning. Confirm dates and topics for December, January.
Extra: A few of us from the ACT Study Group have revisited the idea of forming a monthly evolution science reading/discussion group, likely to be after work hours and in a more sociable setting. Let me know (email me) if you are interested.