Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) Peer Consultation Group
Here is the agenda for the next ACT Peer Consultation Group
Friday, December 20, 2013
If you have not previously attended this group but are a mental health or healthcare professional and would like to participate, please contact me first.
- Welcome to guests and new members, introductions.
- Brief Mindfulness Exercise. Julie Schirmer will lead us through an exercise (or solicit a volunteer).
- Special Topic: Using ACT with refugee and immigrant populations. Julie Schirmer will lead the discussion.
- Planning. We tentatively agreed to revisit this month’s special topic in January 2014 and to focus on case reviews and consultation.
Note: Please see Julie’s original email for two articles to review:
- Acceptance and Mindfulness Techniques as Applied to Refugee and Ethnic Minority Populations With PTSD: Examples From “Culturally Adapted CBT” by Hinton et al. (2013).
- Consensus Statement Update on Posttraumatic Stress Disorder From the International Consensus Group on Depression and Anxiety by Ballenger et al. (2004).
If you cannot find them, let Julie or me know and one of us will forward them to you.
Extra: A few of us from the ACT Study Group have decided to form a monthly Evolution Science and Behavior reading/discussion group, likely to be after work hours and in a more sociable setting, with tentative plans of starting in January or February. Let me know (email me) if you are interested.