Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) Peer Consultation Group
The ACT Peer Consultation Group meets on the third Friday of each month.
Next: Friday, Feb 20 @ 8-9:30 am
If you have not previously attended this group but are a mental health or healthcare professional and would like to participate, please contact me first.
Location: MMC Family Practice Clinic, 272 Congress St., 2nd floor conference room, Portland, ME
Preparation: Please listen to recent episodes of the Invisibilia podcast including The Secret History of Thoughts and Fearless. Bring a clinical case to the meeting.
Future Agenda: Please review items for Feb-Spring 2015 here.
- Brief Mindfulness Exercise. A brave volunteer will lead us through a short mindfulness exercise.
- Discussion. We will discuss recent episodes of the Invisibilia podcast including The Secret History of Thoughts and Fearless and how they relate to the topic of “3rd wave” behavioral therapies like ACT.
- Case Consultation. We will spend a portion of our meeting reviewing a few cases. If you have an interesting or challenging case you would like to present, please bring relevant details. Otherwise, plan to participate in consulting on others’ cases.
- Review. We will review results of our vigorous planning session held at January’s meeting.
- Planning. We will spent a few minutes near the end to review our agenda for spring 2015.