Jan 9, 8-9:30 am. First Mondays ACT Study Group
This group usually meets on the first Monday of each month. Due to the New Years holiday, group was moved to 1/9. Sorry for any confusion on my part. Agenda: Follow-up on last month’s discussion of roles in the Portland Model and walk through a first run with the model. For next session:
- Everyone will reread the full article just before our next meeting, including Individual commitments and ID their own individual commitment.
- Carolee agreed to trim the meeting outline down to fit our 90 min time frame.
- We assigned roles for next session; see article for the key to the roles
See this page for details about roles and other agenda items.
Jan 13, 9-10:30 am. 2nd Fridays Therapy PracticeLab
- New Year! Business of Practice Focusing/Priorities Exercise(s)
- Follow-up on Scrum: How is Dawn’s project going?
- Follow-up on Joni’s project
- Follow-up on “warm hand-off” experiment. How has the experience gone (from referrers and those receiving the referrals)?
- Agenda-setting for spring
Jan 20, 8-9:30 am. ACT Peer Consultation Group
The ACT Peer Consult Group meets the third Friday of each month. Agenda:
- Introductions and announcements (I will have additional announcements about the August 2017 Kelly Wilson workshop when I arrive late).
- Prep for February book study and having some guests and a larger group. Starting in February, we will begin reading and discussing Mindfulness for Two by Kelly Wilson in anticipation of his workshop in Portland this summer.
- Steve will report on his recent pain workshop and share some new ideas to discuss.
Jan 23, 8-9:30 am. Fourth Mondays ACT Study Group
Agenda: In December, we conducted our trial run of the Portland Model. Thanks to Leah, Mindy, Monique, and Kim for being bold and stepping into the crucible. I think it went very well and clearly illustrated the value of this exercise. In January, we will likely welcome a new member to the group and return to the PM exercise. Tracy is tentatively scheduled to be the Skill Builder; other roles to be set on 1/23.
Jan 25, 6 pm. Evolution Science & Behavior Book Club
The EvoS Book Club usually meets on the 4th Wednesday of each month. Agenda: Last month, we offered a hearty “thank you” to Charles Darwin for writing Origin… but decided we had neither the will nor the inclination to muscle through the rest of it. (Sorry, Chuck. It’s us, it’s not you. We’ll always love you….) We had some good contenders for a next book including The Blank Slate by Steven Pinker, which Teresa is currently enjoying, and Angels and Ages, which I really loved (I also mentioned What Technology Wants, a curious book I just finished via Audible). Instead of choosing another text, the group’s focus continued its meandering evolution, drifting further down the cultural/tech evolution path back to AI. We watched an episode of Westworld (link; you can watch the first episode for free even if you do not get HBO) and discussed plans to proceed with more discussion about AI and its implications. Participants are encouraged to watch a few episodes of Westworld on HBO if you have access. Present members (Beth?) may compile an article or talk on AI to round out the experience for January.
Feb 2-3. Experiencing ACT: A Two-Day, Hands-0n Workshop with Joel Guarna and Teresa Valliere. This workshop is for beginners and intermediate level ACT practitioners. This workshop is ideal for anyone who knows about ACT and is eager to learn more and to deepen their proficiency with ACT. Some (at least minimal) prior exposure to ACT or personal reading on ACT is preferred. Read more or register. Printable flyer for this workshop.