Enhancing Your Practice with Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Message from Joel:
Hey folks, please take a look at some of the resources and links below. I have included the handouts and slides from Day 1 of the training. Below those please find a short video introducing the Matrix, followed by a series of 13 short videos showing Kevin Polk doing the Matrix. Please at least watch these videos before our next meeting on Oct 18. Like I said on Day 1, I would like you all to see the proper use of the Matrix before I show you some variations. Following the video links, please find several short articles related to some themes that arose on Day 1. Read these if you want.
It appears I have misplaced (temporarily?) the email sign-up sheet from the workshop. If you’d like to get periodic emails about local workshops, please sign up here (takes 15 seconds). Low volume, I promise.
I look forward to seeing you all in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, I welcome your thoughts, questions, or feedback. You can reach me here.
BTW, if any of you are eager for an intensive experience, there is an ACT Boot Camp taking place in Nashua, NH in November. You can link to it via the site I maintain, ACT in New England.
Day 1: Sept 20, 2017
Short articles to read:
- Rising to the challenge of not believing everything you think by Kelly Wilson (short article on defusion)
- Enough Already with Syndromes: The future of evidence-based behavior change is not like today by Steven Hayes
- The third wave of cognitive behavioral therapy and the rise of process-based
care by Steven Hayes and Stefan Hoffman (article referenced in blog post above)
- Embracing your demons by Russ Harris (good summary of ACT)
- ACT Randomized Clinical Trials (RCTs) reach 200
Day 2: Oct 18, 2017